Pay for a Day
Imagine being able to help over 50 local people with an incurable life-limiting illness for a day... helping to provide them with all the specialist care they need and their families vital support. By paying for 24 hours of care at Katharine House Hospice you will be doing exactly that!
The Hospice provides a home from home environment offering first class care and support to help our patients make the most of the time that is left for them whether it be days, weeks or years. No day is ever the same. Our Inpatient Unit offers respite care so loved ones can have a break, symptom control, helping patients to feel as comfortable and well as possible and end-of-life care for those patients who wish to die in our peaceful surroundings with their loved ones. Our Day Therapy Unit helps to provide our patients with the tools they need to increase their independence and a sense of control. Patients may visit 2 or 3 times a week to take part in activities, have a relaxing massage whilst receiving any specialised care that they need.
It costs £7,800 to run the entire Hospice every day and by raising this amount you are genuinely helping our patients to receive all these vital services and any other unique care they may need. Without our services families would not receive the support they need to look after a loved one and patients would not be able to ‘embrace life' by making the most of the time that’s left. What an amazing thing to be able to provide for someone else.
You can choose which day you would like to sponsor – perhaps an anniversary, birthday or a date that means something to you. To highlight and celebrate your support we would:
• Provide a thermometer to show everyone working towards their grand total
• Display a plaque on our receptions highlighting that you are sponsoring the Hospice on this day
• Put your details on our website
• Send you a certificate and diary log of the day for you to keep
• Invite you to the Hospice on your chosen day so you can see what your vital support is making possible
Simple ideas on how you can pay for a day:
• Hold dress down days and coffee mornings at work – these all add up
• Hold a bottle tombola and ask everyone to bring in a bottle from bubble bath to a bottle of bubbly.
• Hold a quiz night at your local pub with friends and colleagues
• Ask everyone at work to donate just £1
• Ask your company if they will match fund or if senior managers and bosses will make a contribution
• If making a personal donation to the appeal you can gift aid your donations boosting it by 25%
For more information on how you and your colleagues can ‘Pay for a Day’ please contact Holly Addison in fundraising on 01785 270 80 or email email@example.com. Thank you for your wonderful support.